How to grow your pizza chain’s revenue in 2024
The European pizza market is estimated to reach €56 billion between 2022 and 2026 (Pizza Power Report, 2022). This creates huge competition in the market. So how can your pizza chain drive revenue growth?
If you’re looking for an answer, you’re at the right place. We have listed the right strategies for you.
Why is an optimized e-commerce key to revenue growth?
Industry-leading pizza chains with a strong online presence (own website, branded app, and loyalty program) have achieved the following results:
- Pizza chains grow their revenue by +81% via their website and +305% via their mobile app.
- The Average Order Value (AOV) increases by up to 20% when using loyalty programs.
- The conversion rate on a mobile app is 79% higher than on websites, which is 17%.
- Pizza chains with an optimized website, mobile app, and strategic loyalty program see 22% more frequent orders per year (S4D, Data Statistics, 2023).
These results highlight how implementing a constantly optimized website, mobile app, and loyalty program can lead to faster revenue growth while meeting customer trends.
Now, let’s explore three best practices for adapting strong e-commerce and transforming it into revenue growth. Just like Europe’s pizza industry leaders.
1. Have your customers order directly from your own website!
Keep your customers’ order data all for yourself. Establishing a dedicated website in your own branding can significantly boost revenue by expanding the brand’s online presence, streamlining the ordering process and making your orders more profitable.
- Offering your customers an optimized ordering process
- Increasing your average order value via personalized upsells
- Having your customer and order data all for yourself
Take New York Pizza, for example.
“Since introducing S4D the amount of direct online orders grew from 30% to 70%. Hungry pizza lovers can easily order from the New York Pizza website and consumer app which features a personalized loyalty program. The customized loyalty program is providing New York Pizza customers with rewards and the restaurants with valuable customer data to plan targeted marketing campaigns.” – Philippe Vorst, CEO of New York Pizza.
2. Keep up with industry trends: have your own branded mobile app!
The rise of mobile apps has revolutionized the pizza industry.
- Being easily accessible
- Keeping in touch with your customers via push notifications
- Offering convenience and a faster ordering experience
For example, Telepizza has experienced a significant boost in revenue.
“With the launch of a new e-commerce platform, Telepizza broke its online sales records, achieved an increase of more than 5% in online sales, and doubled its App ratings by implementing the new S4D website and app.” – Javier Mallo, CIO of Telepizza.
Growing from a 2.5 rating in the Google Play store (out of 5 stars) and from 2.8 to a 4.7-star rating in the App store, it is now ranked among the top 3 QSR apps in the market and the #1 pizza app.
3. Offer your customers exactly what they want via a loyalty program!
Having a strong loyalty program in place for pizza chains can significantly increase revenue by encouraging more frequent purchases, and generating positive word-of-mouth referrals.
- Increasing your customer retention
- Increasing the average order value per customer
- Having an overview on all relevant data insights
Apache Pizza provides a great example of how implementing a strong loyalty program can enhance revenue. By offering rewards, discounts, and exclusive perks to loyal customers, Apache Pizza has successfully built a community of repeat customers.
Through their loyalty program, customers accumulate points with each purchase, which can be redeemed for free pizzas, side dishes, or even exclusive merchandise. By nurturing customer loyalty, Apache Pizza has doubled their yearly revenue per loyalty member and increased order frequency by 17%.
And these are just a few ways of increasing your revenue by your e-commerce…
Want to learn more, and drive revenue growth in your pizza chain? In our e-book called “Learn from the most profitable pizza chains in Europe” we share all you need to know about achieving pizza chain revenue growth, leveraging actionable data, and achieving full operational control.